Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for fresh air and your power bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Belleville and keeping payments lower.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility charges low.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in modern air conditioning systems is a big plus in keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to efficiently work your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your energy cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can turn to a couple other approaches to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and change the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy charges less expensive. If you think it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 613-707-2421 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right solution for your house. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.