Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for fresh air and your power bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Belleville and keeping payments lower.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and trim costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility expenses down.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in modern AC systems is a huge plus in keeping your electricity charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to efficiently work your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can turn to a couple other methods to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and change the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you select the best solution for your house. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.