Booking annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Service keeps your air conditioner equipment in Belleville working at peak performance while keeping energy usage small. It also might even help extend its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can do on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at D & K Heating Service Experts, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can do on your own as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that includes a large portion of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to put AC checkups on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your cooling unit scrubbed and inspected. Waiting to turn it on until the first hot day of the summer can be risky. If you have to schedule a fix or installation, you might be waiting days for an appointment. And that might become very unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC upkeep can be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance on My Own?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the prime condition:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and could decrease your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly important if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn upkeep around the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your AC unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have fallen into your system, because this can limit airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with D & K Heating Service Experts at 613-707-2421, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our pros get down to the finer details. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver safe operation.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of malfunctions.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to eliminate any buildup from soil and vegetation.
- Examining controls to make sure your equipment is switching on, running and shutting down properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that need additional service, we are ready to give you the most economical option. Uncovering potential troubles promptly could solve bigger troubles later on. This also offers you time to plan if your equipment is getting older.
When you are looking for a new AC system, our Experts will assist you to find the best solution for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to schedule your service? Call us at 613-707-2421 or schedule an appointment online now.