Booking annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Service keeps your air conditioner equipment in Belleville working at peak performance while keeping energy usage down. It also might even help extend its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can do on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at D & K Heating Service Experts, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can complete on your own as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that includes a big portion of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to put AC service on that listing.
Spring is a great season to get your air conditioning unit scrubbed and examined. Waiting to turn it on until the first hot day of the season can be risky. If you have to schedule service or installation, you may be waiting days for an appointment. And that might become very unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened cooling system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, AC service can be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioner unit in the prime condition:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and could decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly important if you deal with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn upkeep around the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your AC unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have fallen into your equipment, because this can impede airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with D & K Heating Service Experts at 613-707-2421, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our Experts get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to provide safe operation.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially skip malfunctions.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to eliminate any buildup from soil and vegetation.
- Examining controls to make sure your equipment is switching on, running and shutting down properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that need additional work, we are set to give you the most economical option. Finding potential issues in a timely manner may solve bigger troubles later on. This also offers you time to plan if your unit is aging.
When you are looking for a new AC system, our Experts will assist you to pick the ideal equipment for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. No matter what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to schedule your service? Call us at 613-707-2421 or schedule an appointment online right away.