There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Belleville. But, there’s also that huge list of must-do’s before the cold weather arrives. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are probably at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The pros at D&K Home Services by Enercare recommend that furnace service and maintenance be done at least annually so you can hopefully prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it performed before the cold and crisp weather reaches Belleville, too. Take a peek at some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace works at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in peak shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to handle whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Belleville this year.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cool winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are key to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if worse problems occur down the road.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional perks, and getting furnace service performed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like D&K Home Services by Enercare are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Belleville, give us a call at 613-707-2421 or schedule an appointment with D&K Home Services by Enercare through our online scheduler.