Building a new home? Upgrading your present system? No matter why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may quickly realize you have more choices than you originally thought. Use this information to help you compare four different kinds so you can choose the ideal air conditioner in Belleville.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people call to mind when they picture air conditioning for the whole residence. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This might be great for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You want quiet, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps operate similar to central air conditioners. Some models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This may be good for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You live in a climate with mild weather during the winter.
- You’re seeking one piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, in lieu of a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking quiet, energy-efficient home comfort.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet hovers at a stable 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump taps into this ongoing supply of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This could be good for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You desire one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your house for the buried loops.
This is a second kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an inside blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your home, or an immediate expansion to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single rooms.
- You’re looking to add zoning to your home.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should get? Rely on the Experts at D & K Heating Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you pick the ideal one for your needs. Please contact us at 613-707-2421 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate today.