Summer is normally a busy time of year for many people in Belleville. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any number of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Belleville heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Belleville heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give D & K Heating Service Experts a call at 613-707-2421 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Belleville heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it can also be an early warning of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Belleville temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than typical. It can help you cool down a tad quicker so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.