Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Belleville, you might be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to consider, plus the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and increases comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A new air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from D & K Heating Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and offer the correct advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you install both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these pluses:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the greatest efficiency, making your house more comfortable and decreasing your long-term utility costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at once. And you could even be authorized for a special deal because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to D & K Heating Service Experts. We get the cost of replacing your full system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 613-707-2421 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.