Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Belleville, you might be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, plus the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can likely delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This conserves energy and increases comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence comfy. A new air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from D & K Heating Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the proper advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you get new systems at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any big imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these pluses:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your house more comfortable and decreasing your yearly utility costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you may even be authorized for a special deal because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to D & K Heating Service Experts. We know the cost of replacing your full system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 613-707-2421 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.