What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?

Preventing it from happening is the most important step. Completing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Belleville.

Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:

  • Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
  • Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when run correctly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
  • Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it produces fumes.
  • Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
  • Check gas appliances are operating properly, especially your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with D & K Heating Service Experts.