Preventing it from happening is the most important step. Completing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Belleville.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when run correctly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are operating properly, especially your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with D & K Heating Service Experts.