Stopping it from happening is the most crucial step. Completing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Belleville.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when run right but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are operating properly, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by booking yearly furnace maintenance with D & K Heating Service Experts.