What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion frequently caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating accurately or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces could also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is poisonous to the body and is deadly at increased levels or with prolonged exposure.