Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Belleville
Furnace balking at starting? Reset button continually tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and cold in Belleville, the Experts at D & K Heating Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can fix problems with your oil-burning furnace alone. There are several things you can try before getting in touch with us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be incorrect. Ensure that it’s on “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature stops your furnace when it spots a problem. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is free of blockages. Once you’ve checked those locations, only press the reset button once. Pressing it too many times could cause fuel oil to become concentrated and cause a fire once the furnace begins heating.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be full and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s problems with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a few drops of electric motor oil on them after completely turning off your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our specialist service technicians. Call D & K Heating Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pressing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely signals there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be seen in the burner chamber
- Burner works but does not fire
- Previously mentioned troubleshooting suggestions don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
D & K Heating Service Experts can take care of the problem when your oil furnace won’t ignite.
Our professionals have passed thorough testing to earn the top HVAC standard, ACE certification. They are able to handle most any heating repair. And all our services are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Periodic maintenance can help you avoid furnace service calls. Once we get your furnace running, D & K Heating Service Experts technicians can suggest a membership plan that could reduce expensive repairs and make your furnace work more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on utility bills.