If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak could include the following:
- The smell of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances hooked up to the gas line, like gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or yellowed grass, plants or other vegetation
- Residents of the home complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are encountering any of these signs and are worried they may be related to a gas leak, get out of your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.
There are cases where the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in most scenarios the homeowner is liable. Luck for you, the team at D & K Heating Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done correctly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is covered with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER ATTEMPT AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a number of things to get done around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair ought to be left up to the professionals. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Belleville codes.
From adding gas lines for a new stove or oven to fixing gas lines for a heater in your garage, D & K Heating Service Experts’s experiences in the industry have allowed us to handle a variety of gas line projects in the Belleville community, so no job is too much for our experts.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are nervous about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 promptly. After emergency responders are coming your way, call your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made sure there is no danger, call D & K Heating Service Experts to arrange a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have a smell and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to decrease exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances correctly adjusted.
- Put in and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks immediately.
For more tips on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.