When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is typically near the top of many people’s wish lists in Belleville. A tankless water heater is a great choice for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for a later time, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which could save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are smaller in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you end up with hot water. One note about tankless water heaters—specifically for big households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to take on a handful of uses at once. One of our experts will help you figure out what your flow rate is and give you recommendations based on their analysis.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s chosen for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, a lot of homes in the Belleville area do very well with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the bonuses of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifetime of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a normal tank heater.
- Most tankless units have a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters hardly ever run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient minus standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models require much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call D & K Heating Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your Belleville home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, skill and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 613-707-2421
or request an appointment with us online.